I held a seminar for new players to online bridge about how to play on Bridge Base Online (BBO).
It was very well attended with over 40 guests. I was able to run through my list of things to touch on and take several good questions from the group.
You can play the full video, or you can skip to where I talk about specific topics. These links will take you to the specific spot in the video:
- Adding your ACBL Number on BBO 1:12
- Buying BB$ 1:55
- Finding virtual clubs 3:25
- Notes about how BBO split their servers recently 5:53
- Creating a table for friends 7:40
- How to alert your bids 9:29
- How to see the last trick again 12:32
- How to review the auction 14:20
- Markings on the table 15:00
- How to ask an opponent for an explanation (or give one belatedly) 15:48
- How chat works, kind of 24:03
- See how you're doing during the game 27:44
- What do the badges mean on names? 32:10
- Settings you might want to adjust 33:47
- Dealing with misclicks 34:50
- Finding results and seeing previous games 36:24
- How to enter robot tournaments 40:05
- How to tell how many boards will be played in the game 41:18
- Filling out and seeing convention cards 43:31
Unfortunately Zoom wasn't able to include the entire window of the browser. This mainly affected things near the bottom of the window: typing chats, and selecting tabs from the bottom row. Otherwise it worked out quite well.
I also didn't get to talk about the Partnership Desk, finding or looking for a partner.
Here's the YouTube video.