Dragon helps with most bridge classes.
Enjoy eight Sunday afternoons studying and practicing declarer play! Learn the timeless techniques experienced players use to develop extra tricks in trump and notrump contracts.
Here are the weekly topics:
- Making a plan
- Developing tricks - promotion and length
- Developing tricks - the finesse
- Eliminating losers - ruffing and discarding
- Watching out for entries
- Watching out for the opponents
- Managing the trump suit
- Putting it all together
This is an online interactive course using Zoom for class discussions, and a virtual bridge table where you will play actual hands and experiment with card play. Required for this course:
- A reliable broadband internet connection
- Strongly recommended: A Mac or Windows laptop or desktop computer
- Alternative: A smartphone for Zoom, plus a tablet or laptop for the virtual bridge table
- See this page to experience joining a bridge class online
The class is accompanied by the textbook Play of the Hand in the 21st Century. You may acquire the textbook:
- Direct from Mojo for local delivery around Pasadena for $16
- From Amazon.com at this link
Here is the schedule:
- Eight Sunday afternoons, March 21 through May 9, 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Course fee for Play of the Hand: $150 (textbook not included)
Included with the class, barring technical difficulties, is a full recording of each class, available for download or viewing, for personal use only!